MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck on Database Configuaration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Iw4xurF4IA.png][Image: rLgSziaTA2.png][Image: LtUwUUmRVU.png]

Ive attached some screenshots, cannot figure out for the life of me why it wont take my credentials. Using Servebolt, innodb for phpmyadmin.
Check if your user is allowed to access the database from your MyBB'server IP.
(2022-01-19, 09:16 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Check if your user is allowed to access the database from your MyBB'server IP.

What do you mean by this exactly? Like phpmyadmin.mydomain.com? I dont think so. I will inquire with hosting, ive already checked all smart options, ive checked mydomain.com/phpmyadmin. it seems like mysql is using a shared domain for my hosting provider.
I mean that on MySQL, the security is to allow an username from a location (usually localhost or a particular server, rarely % (means from everywhere)).
Check with your provider to know which locations are allowed for your user, and verify that your MyBB IP is allowed.

And I'm quite surprised of the phpmyadmin.odd-nvc.serverbolt.cloud, it's probably the location allowed to connect the database, I don't think this is really the mysql server itself
Just confirmed with my web host that phpmyadmin can only be accessed from this link phpmyadmin.odd-nyc.servebolt.cloud

I have put the password correct and username and db. What could be wrong?
MyBB don't need the access to phpmyadmin, it requires the access to the MySQL server itself.
(2022-01-19, 09:41 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I mean that on MySQL, the security is to allow an username from a location (usually localhost or a particular server, rarely % (means from everywhere)).
Check with your provider to know which locations are allowed for your user, and verify that your MyBB IP is allowed.

And I'm quite surprised of the phpmyadmin.odd-nvc.serverbolt.cloud, it's probably the location allowed to connect the database, I don't think this is really the mysql server itself

gotcha, i will check with host on this real quick

ok so i swear i tried localhost and it didnt work, but i just tried localhost on a new db and it worked.