MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Solution for: The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: N/A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, for a long time i occasionally was finding the error: "The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: N/A" in System Email Log. I was fiddling with all the options for long. The problem is gone when I set: this option in Mail Settings to yes: Add message ID in mail headers to "YES"

The description of this option is a bit misleading: "Disabling this option on some shared hosts resolves issues with forum emails being marked as spam."

The default should be to add SMTP ID, and it should be stated, that it is the default setting. Maybe you should consider changing this option to "Remove message ID from mail headers, just to suggest the default is SMTP ID added...
Just want others not to waste time, I wanted to comment on this old thread, but it is closed for some reason.