MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge PHPBB3.0.14 to MyBB1.8.29 - Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to merge a PHPBB 3.0.14 forum into a fresh MyBB 1.8.29 install.  I've gotten the Merge 1.8.23 to perform the tasks, albeit with a few errors when merging attachments - I get this message on SOME of the attachments.  I'm not too sure what it means.
[attachment=44845]

The next issue is that ALL of my users are banned.  When I go to the ACP or MCP to unban them, it says there are no bans in effect.
[attachment=44846][attachment=44847]

Next is the forums and threads.  Only ONE of 4 root forums imported correctly.  None of the other sub-forums are displayed at all.
[attachment=44848][attachment=44849]

It is worth noting that the Database TABLE appears to be correct in that at least more than the "Tools" forum was added. [attachment=44851]

Any attachments that DID merge are unavailable.  For example, when clicking on the link for the Logitech 5.10 driver (as shown in the banned user attachment) there is no attachment reported.
[attachment=44850]

I have done the recount and rebuild. Any help in resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.  I'm sure there are more, but lets fix those that make the merge completely useless first.

TIA
What are the database systems you were using for the MyBB forum installation and phpBB, respecitvely?
(2022-01-21, 08:55 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]What are the database systems you were using for the MyBB forum installation and phpBB, respecitvely?

They are both on MySQL Version 5.6.32

I created a backup copy of my existing DB and gave it a new name.  I uploaded the DB and all the files to a '_new' folder and verified it was a working copy of the phpBB forum.

I then uploaded the folders in the 'upload' directory of the MyBB 1.8.29 to my '_new' folder - 'on top' of my known good phpBB forum.

I created a blank MyBB database on the same server as my working duplicate phpBB database.

I ran the install for the MyBB system.  After which, I was presented with an empty forum.  I verified that the DB tables were all created.

I had some issue with the CSS on the main forum, but not in the ACP.  With help Matt, I was able to determine that the installer (or something) had placed a .htaccess file in the ./cache root blocking everything.  Upon removing that, I had formatting on the main forum page.

I then uploaded the Merge 1.8.23 '/merge' folder in its entirety to the '_new' root and ran it.  I ran into some issues with several of the attachments (6 or 8 out of >1200) but was not concerned, as this is a 'dry run'.

Attachments were the only issue presented during the merge.  The other issues presented themselves when attempting to verify the merge was successful.
So, the data for users, usergroups, forums, threads, posts and polls are all imported?
(2022-01-21, 03:04 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]So, the data for users, usergroups, forums, threads, posts and polls are all imported?

yes. it appears that the imported data is there in the database.  I didn't review it ALL, but I did verify some of it.  The forums and posts are all there, just not showing on the 'website'.  Only the one highlighted with an arrow in my first post's attachments is showing.

Here is a snippet of the mybb_forums table.  it has all the forums I expect to see in it.  I have circled the only one that is showing on the BB at the moment.
[attachment=44853]

Edit: found something interesting!!!

[attachment=44854]
Try "rebuild & reload cache" in tools & maintenance so that anything currently in the database will be correctly displayed.

I'm not sure if you hit the "Clear" button in the Merge System. If you didn't, that means the merge process isn't finished yet and it won't rebuild cache for you.
Thanks noyle. I had done that previously after doing some reading on the merge. It didn't help.

BUT - I am editing the 'forum management' and adjusting the structure, and it seems to be working. Just a bit of manual intervention to make it right!

Thanks all for your help and suggestions!

I do still have a problem with banned users who aren't showing in the banned table. tried banning and un-banning, tried just removing ban. thought it might have been avatar related, as user without one didn't seem to be banned...

Not sure what to do with that.
So I have been doing some debugging of my own...   I created two new MySQL Databases.  One for a duplicate of my phpBB board, the other for the new MyBB board.

I created a copy of the folders from my phpBB database and deleted everything with the exception of the /download, /files, and /images folders

I uploaded the folders from the "upload" folder of the MyBB 1.8.29 download.

I ran the install. Everything worked perfectly.  I have a fresh MyBB board with no posts in it.  The cache folder did not get an .htaccess file put in it.  The styles are correct for both the BB and UCP.  The blank board seems to work fine.

I uploaded the "merge" folder (intact) from the Merge 1.8.23 download

I ran the merge tool.  During the merge, I get an error when the tool tries to merge the BANS.
Strict Standards: Declaration of debugErrorHandler::error() should be compatible with errorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = NULL, $line = 0, $allow_output = true) in /hermes/bosnacweb08/bosnacweb08az/b2828/nf.autosimsport/public_html/autosimsport/lopen_new/merge/resources/class_error.php on line 76

During the move of attachments, as before I get a few that dont work. Not sure why - it needs more investigating.

When the merge finishes, I get this screen and none of the merge info shows in the board or on the ACP
[attachment=44855]

The first two lines appear to be the error thrown during the "BANS" merge.  I am going to try to add a poll and a banned member to my existing forum and import that.
=======================================
Update - reset and try again with a BANNED member and a POLL.  Cleared folders and uploaded again.  Got this right off the bat.

[attachment=44856]

And all my users are still "banned" without being banned.

Any insight would be appreciated!
About Strict Standards: Declaration of debugErrorHandler::error() should be compatible with errorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = NULL, $line = 0, $allow_output = true), it's an identified bug and will be fixed in the next Merge System release. Currently it won't do anything harm to the import process.

About the banned users, it looks like the users are assigned with the banned groups during importing users. I'll take some time to investigate later.