MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mysql error while trying to install discord integrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i got the Discord Intergration plugin downloaded and placed inside the /root/inc directory, but when I click on "install and activate" in the acp, i'm met with this error. I've also encountered this error trying to install other plugins (Advanced Side box for example).

[Image: sOUJrkC.png]

I don't know if anyone knows how to fix this issue, but any help or suggestions would be appreciated
Plugin looks a little old, if this one:

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=983

Turn on error logging to see what the real issue is - that error message is generic and of little use.  Might be an incompatibility with your SQL server for example.  Strict mode comes to mind.  Check your settings for error logging:

ACP -> Configuration -> Server & Optimization settings -> Error logging/Error_logging_medium.  Enable error logging and display.
(2022-01-25, 03:14 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin looks a little old, if this one:

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=983

Turn on error logging to see what the real issue is - that error message is generic and of little use.  Might be an incompatibility with your SQL server for example.  Strict mode comes to mind.  Check your settings for error logging:

ACP -> Configuration -> Server & Optimization settings -> Error logging/Error_logging_medium.  Enable error logging and display.

When I turn on error logging and then try to install and activate, it now shows this:

[Image: FOSo08c.png]
Pretty old plugin, and settings are not properly declared, the value item lacks in many of them;

Try the attached file, but keep in mind I'd just added the default values, I didn't check if the plugin is working or not
alrighty, I'll give that a try. any idea if there are any better solutions for integrating with discord? All I want to do is have myBB send a notification to a discord channel when there is a user awaiting activation