MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Problem" with pm's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community!
If you have chosen to get an email notification when you get a PM, that works for now. However, we have noticed that no other email notification is sent if you receive more PMs afterwards. So if I get e.g. 10 MP's, I only get a notification via email that I got one MP (the first of the 10).
If I log in to the forum, I see the message that I got a PM (not 10, but only 1). So I go to my private messages, open the link, read the PM, close it again and the next PM pops up. I find this very irritating, because it makes you think that the MYBB system thinks that I didn't read the first PM properly.
Does it have to be like that? Is there a better way to handle this? That e.g. the number of PM's appears in the message in the forum?

I hope I have explained reasonably understandable ...
THX in advance for your help!
It will only email you once until you visit the board, this is to stop you being spammed with emails. However notification bar will show the total number of unread PMs:

[attachment=44868]
THX Matt!