MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting a a value from one of the SQL tables to show up on forumdisplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a simple edit, but it will be overwrite on next upgrade... Never touch core files.
@Laird: Thanks so much! This works perfectly. Smile Your help is really appreciated. Marked as "solved" -- also big thanks to ExiTuS!

@Crazycat: No hard feelings, man, and I guess you meant well -- but that reply was kind of uncalled for. I know that PHP edits are usually removed during updates, that's why I document them very accurately in a "Potential PHP modifications" text file. Cheers. Thanks again to the two people offering me their actual help.
Hey @fernhafen, I'm glad my little plugin works for you. And yes, I'm sure @Crazycat meant well. He wasn't to know that you were already clued up on the perils of editing core files, and was almost certainly just trying to warn of a danger of which - for all he knew - you might not have been aware.
I empathize with the sentiment, but just impolitely telling people to "never touch something" without knowing them—i.e., approaching them outright as inexperienced noobs not worthy of three sentences—is not great forum etiquette. It's mansplainey and brings unnecessary hostility to a thread. Just saying. Smile

Take care, guys, and thanks again.
Hi,
I'm sorry if I hurt you, my advice was general, not specialy for you. Some people, less experienced than you, may have the same problematic and find this thread, and may crash their forum or don't understand why an upgrade breaks their changements.

So, once again, sorry fernhafen, I probably badly tell that.
Hey crazycat, no hard feelings, sorry if I criticized your brief comment too harshly myself.

All the best to you -- and everybody else stumbling across this thread! Smile
Pages: 1 2