MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Installation - No UI on requirements check, error 500.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When installing MyBB, I've encountered an error - when I reach the requirements check, I have no UI whatsoever, [Image: AOJkPLF.png]

and thus no next button - I also have noticed the following error in the console: 
POST https://forum.<domain>/install/index.php 500 (Internal Server Error)

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? .htaccess & the permissions appears to be good, the first part of the connection works fine, the only issue I've noticed is that we're having issues with certificates getting mixed up between sites, but I figured that's unlikely to be causing the issue.

Update: Found the apache logs, here's the error I'm getting:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: fclose(): Argument #1 ($stream) must be of type resource, bool given in /var/www/forum.<domain>/install/index.php:1142
Check if ./inc/config.php exists and create it if not (writable to 666) - it's supposed to suppress errors but seems to be stopping execution on your server.
(2022-02-02, 04:59 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Check if ./inc/config.php exists and create it if not (writable to 666) - it's supposed to suppress errors but seems to be stopping execution on your server.

I've tried creating the file, and set the permissions as advised - I'm experiencing the same issue still, is there anything to go in the config.php?
It gets written to during the install process. Is there anything else in the Apache error log? Not sure why yours is erroring out like this.
(2022-02-02, 06:35 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It gets written to during the install process. Is there anything else in the Apache error log? Not sure why yours is erroring out like this.

Nothing other than complaints about ServerName, which I've had on all other services - I'm having issues getting PHP to work properly, and the server's just been setup, so I'm just gonna bite the bullet, reinstall completely and make sure php is installed and working properly before moving to MyBB
Were you on PHP 8.0 before? It may be worth trying 7.4 for the time being as we're still working out some issues with 8.0+
(2022-02-03, 11:12 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Were you on PHP 8.0 before? It may be worth trying 7.4 for the time being as we're still working out some issues with 8.0+

Yeah, my bad - spent a few hours fighting to get PHP 8 fully removed, installed PHP 7, and it worked fine - thanks for the help!