MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The number of people online now differs from those in the forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a difference in the number of people in the list of those who are now and browsing the forums, as shown in the picture
[Image: 164389364857761.png]
I guess the Google Bot is crawling many sites of your board in parallel.

[ETS]
I'm talking about the number difference
I didn't talk about spiders
Of course the "3" users do not equal the "2" users online Smile
It is because you set the session timeout to 240 minutes (4 hours). So when a user was active 3,99 hours ago, it is still counted as a session within this timeout range.

[ETS]
I think it's more that it says there's 16 users browsing the individual forums, right?

I would imagine it's several Googlebot sessions. It'll only show them once on the Who's Online list. What does it show when you go into the full online.php list? I'd imagine it'd show separate Googlebot sessions.
(2022-02-03, 08:50 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's more that it says there's 16 users browsing the individual forums, right?

I would imagine it's several Googlebot sessions. It'll only show them once on the Who's Online list. What does it show when you go into the full online.php list? I'd imagine it'd show separate Googlebot sessions.

Yes, that is what I mean
Perhaps the program deals with search spiders as one person
For example, Google search spiders
If Google 5 spiders are browsing the site, it is treated as one person