MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugins and mybb 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple of questions here. Is is possible to get a time frame for the 1.4 release and will plugin devs get advanced copies to port their 1.2 vers to 1.4 before the public release? I am currently in the middle of coding a plugin and if the release date is 6 mos from now, I'll finish it for 1.2 and port later. If the release is soon, I'd just soon wait and release it for 1.4.
There isn't a planned release date for 1.4 but since beta testing hasn't yet started, it's not going to be released any time in the near future. Beta testers are given copies early for the purpose of testing, but I'm not currently aware of any plans to allow plugin developers early copies at the same time.
Thanks. I would hope that plugin devs would get some lead time as to not to have to scramble to update their plugins with a production release.
or perhaps some advanced release notes to show plugin devs new plugin hooks and new global vars that 1.4 will use?
Currently, only the languagepack writers will have access to the MyBB 1.4 beta. I don't think that plugin writers will have access to it soon.

However, if you're actively contributing to the MyBB community you might get invited. Wink