MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I edit the portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had the chance to observe how new users interact with my board and I noticed many of them intuitively tapping on the portal button in the top right corner on their mobile devices.

This opens the portal tab but unfortunately, it's not as optimised as I hope for it to be. Refer to image below.

[Image: 8eN8z3g.jpg]

Ideally, I'd like the portal tab to give users the option to register, mark threads as read, etc. and I'll probably remove everything else.

I tried downloading and installing the ProPortal plugin but installation failed. It seems like the plugin was created for MyBB 1.8.4 only, for some reason. 

Regardless, I'm interested to know if there are any other ways of editing the portal to make it more useful for my users.
Hey, I recently visited your site and what i got your portal page is not opening......... It's comes with HTTP ERROR 500
(2022-02-09, 10:17 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I recently visited your site and what i got your portal page is not opening......... It's comes with HTTP ERROR 500

Hey PARADOXP, nice to see you again.
I've fixed the error. As mentioned in the first post, I tried installing ProPortal and part of the installation required me to replace the portal.php file.
After reading your reply, I reverted portal.php to its original state and it should be working now.
Thanks for pointing that out.