MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Im new to MyBB and i have a request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i put a user generated ID number for each post?

for example if a guest posts a thread it would say 8 numbers

guest 12345678 posted

guest 23457464

i want 8 random generated numbers assigned to each post of a guest or member so i can keep track of the guest or member by remembering the 8 numbers

each member has their own 8 specific numbers

each guest has their own 8 specific numbers

my forum is http://www.andycafe.net
you can track Guests by IP,Cookies,Sessions but none of this is sustainable, So only allow member users to post.
If you are worried that membership will be boring for users, you can simplify the membership, for example, by entering only with a mobile number and a confirmation SMS.
(2022-02-10, 12:11 AM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]you can track Guests by IP,Cookies,Sessions 

How do I assign 8 random numbers to each post? I do not want IP tracking.

I have a psychic intuition forum

I want to assign 8 numbers for spiritual purposes
By default, the post ID starts with one.
To do this you need to find a plugin or if you do the coding yourself.
If none of this is possible for you, I can write a dedicated plugin for you to do just that.
You can use user fields to add that feature and shown it, then you can track it as that random numbers on register or by x facts. And then show it into any areas you need as i supose all users had unique numbers and you will use that for some purpose.

But if all groups had same numbers by like guests, registered and so, you can use usergroups features like image groups or custom styles you can add that by css by easily, but if you need something specific and that have to works within special things then yeah the best choice is a custom plugin that do anything you need.