MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who viewed the thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB already tracks who has read a thread within the threadsread table.. There isn't a need to add an additional column for it - especially something which will significantly slow down your forums as more and more people view the thread (and cause errors when the data becomes too large)

If you're interested in using the threadsread table you can fetch based on tid (thread ID) and join to the users table on the uid column to retrieve which user.

The downside to this is that threads are only tracked in this table for a specified number of days (Admin CP, Settings) before they're deleted. You could call it "Who's Recently Viewed this Thread" or similar but my point is this is the best way to track this kind of information and retrieve it.
If Needed ::

Latest Thread Viewers - Plugin

Download ::

http://thingiej.be/latest_viewers.rar

* Upload latest_viewers.php into inc/plugins/
* Goto PluginManager And Activate.

Possibility to turn it off is into the 'Show Thread Options' .

Screenshot ::

[Image: ltv.jpg]

Note :: The list that will be shown is based on that threadsread_table. So not all viewers will be shown cause the records of that table get pruned after x days ( Setting in Show Thread Options { Read Threads in Database } ).
You guys are awesome. I'll test these mods out today.

The forum I'm working on will have a small user base, so initially all the data won't be a problem, but I guess over time it will be a pain.
Pages: 1 2