MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to change the first page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I'm wanting to change the first page of my forum.. but i'm not able to
you know, when you take the raw link from the site, and enter.. it redirects you to /index.php
and i just want to change this, to another .php 
i thought it was the homepage setting in admin cp, but it's not.
thank you, i managed to do it by editing the .htaccess Smile

now, would there be any way to block the other pages?
like, i want the person to be start on this page, but not be able to leave it until they complete some action..

it's almost when you are not logged into the forum yet..
but is trying to change the link and put a /usercp.php at the end of the link for example..

you won't be able to go to usercp.php, or no other page..
you won't be able to leave that first page until you log in..

Do you understand me?
You'd need a plugin for that, as you'd need server-side logic to determine whether or not they could access the main page.
do you know some?

I don't even know how to search for this, to see if i could find any tutorials on the internet..

i put the raw link of my site and entered, and redirected me to the .php i wanted now..

but then i typed /index.php in the link and it redirected me to the Index..
and i really wish that didn't happen :/

and just hum... "unblock" the other pages only when the user completes what i proposed on the first page..
It'll probably need something custom, as it would depend on whatever logic is specific to your use case here.
hey, thank you guys, you can give this thread as resolved now

i managed to solve this problem, after several hours i found that the control structure "if" in php is what makes these redirects, and block the pages

this video helped me a little too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMJgUQLikOE
made me understand a little more...
for anyone with the same or similar problem

thank you.