MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Phpbb 3.3.1 to 1.8.29 (latest) - Can not find posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 

I'm trying to migrate a forum from phpbb 3.3.1 to the latest Mybb version at this date. 

I used the merge script, everything was fine apart 1 error (when migrating users, it says that the username field was already taken so I simply deleted the duplicates). 

No error at the end, everything was fine. I checked the users and groups and it was succesfully imported. 

Forums were not displayed but I changed the permissions and now it's ok. 

But impossible to see the posts in the forums. I don't know where are they. I checked the table mybb_threads and the threads are still here but I can't find it in the UI. 

I'm stuck now, if someone can help me. I am also available on Discord if a screensharing is needed. 

Thank you !

PS : When I'm clicking on "Find all threads" on a user that have 283 threads, It lauches the search and then I have this error : Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again.
Did you refresh all caches in ACP?

[ExiTuS]
What's your PHP version and the database system used for the phpBB database and MyBB database?
(2022-02-15, 05:13 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Did you refresh all caches in ACP?

[ExiTuS]

Hello, 

I did this action and nothing worked : 
- Rebuild and Reload All in the Cache Manager
- Runned all the task one by one mannualy in the task manager
- Recount & Rebuild all the items

(2022-02-15, 07:38 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]What's your PHP version and the database system used for the phpBB database and MyBB database?

Hello, 

thank you for your time. 

PHP Version : 7.4
Database system for phpbb and MyBB : Mariadb 10.5.12
(2022-02-15, 08:32 PM)chocodelice Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-15, 07:38 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]What's your PHP version and the database system used for the phpBB database and MyBB database?

Hello, 

thank you for your time. 

PHP Version : 7.4
Database system for phpbb and MyBB : Mariadb 10.5.12

We have a working fix with MySQL 8 (MariaDB 10.5+) for the Merge System, but haven't merged the commits yet. Sorry about that.

The PR that fixes the underlying problems is https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/pull/285
You may view the code and grab the fixed merge system from https://github.com/yuliu/mybb-merge-syst...lumnlength (.zip)

Try running the merge again to see if anything goes wrong and report back here. Thanks!
Hi,

I tried to do it with the fix. It deleted some errors but I still don't see the threads
Sorry for the belated reply.

Could you please describe a bit more about that? How does the report say?