MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread view count not working with custom themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I've encountered strange behaviour. I was trying to fix thread views not being counted by setting multiple things such as Delayed Thread View Updates to off and multiple options within Show Thread Options, however I've noticed that the real problem was custom theme(revolutionGaming). I've tried default and its working just fine, so I thought there must be something wrong with theme itself. I've tried 5 different custom themes and Thread views does not count on single of them apart from default theme. Any idea where might be the problem? Thanks in advance
Can you go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins > set this to Yes, and try again? It won't lose any data, it'll just stop plugins running. Themes are only HTML templates and CSS stylesheets, they won't have any effect on server-side PHP running (or not running in this case) so sounds like there's something else going on. Only thing that could be theme related is not having the HTML that triggers tasks, but if you've disabled delayed thread views then that shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for reply, I've tried it before, but just in case I've done it again and same result.

See for yourself : https://www.rfnova.com/forum with default theme it is countinf properly but with anything else it does not.

The only plugin I have installed is DVZ Shoutbox. Dunno what is happening
Seems you're using a theme by iAndrew.  Noticed on his site - "ALL THEMES HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR MYBB 1.8.29".  That refers to his premium themes of course. 

At a guess, I'd say it's this one - link, not updated since 2018.