MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uninstalled Shoutbox but it Wont Disappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Newest MyBB Version here.

So I downloaded the files for DVZ Shoutbox and uploaded them to cPanel (Did not download to AdminCP) it did not seem to configure right and I didn't feel like messing with it at the time so I went back and deleted the files that I previously uploaded in cPanel and refreshed the page but the shoutbox is still there.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this? 
It happened a few days ago I've just been busy.

MMB (monetizemb.com)
Did you deactivate the plugin first? If it's made template edits, deleting the files won't undo those. You'll need to either undo the template changes manually or upload the files again, deactivate and uninstall the plugin, then delete the files again.
(2022-02-16, 11:13 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Did you deactivate the plugin first? If it's made template edits, deleting the files won't undo those. You'll need to either undo the template changes manually or upload the files again, deactivate and uninstall the plugin, then delete the files again.

Thank you, that would make sense, though, it did not fix.

I did this:
upload the files again, deactivate and uninstall the plugin, then delete the files again.

That didn't work so I even tried to activate and install the plugin again, then deactivate and uninstalled it again, and it didn't work.

Also, I deleted the style out of my global.css as well, that didn't help either.

Just set the theme back to the default one and the shoutbox is still there. I even tried it on a different browser after clearing the browsing history.
Sorry, it would have been useful if I'd actually looked at the site - this is the Hello World plugin that comes with MyBB, you can deactivate and uninstall that instead.
(2022-02-16, 11:49 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, it would have been useful if I'd actually looked at the site - this is the Hello World plugin that comes with MyBB, you can deactivate and uninstall that instead.

Ohh wow okay haha I feel really dumb now. Okay, well I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me fix this Matt.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin