MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very long loading times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

Since you've been a great, great help the last time we had a problem (https://community.mybb.com/thread-234434.html) we're asking for your help once again. Sleepy 

Ever since switching over to ssl (which works fine now, thank god), our board is just really really slow.

I started to notice it because of our shoutbox being slow, sometimes not even loading at all until you hit refresh. For some time now though, it's the whole board that's slow. And not just for me, but for most of the people (maybe everybody).

You can try it out yourself:
URL: https://c2c-wrestling.com/
Login: c2c Gast
Password: 12345

I tried putting all of our graphics on our server and cutting some MB's and KB's in size, because some of them were really large. But that didn't help.

Please help us out once again! Sleepy Heart 

Thanks!
Can you post the debug stats from the footer when logged in as an admin?
I used the admin login details I had from when I looked at your forum before (hope you don't mind).

If you look at the debug stats here (only viewable to admins) you can see the PHP and MySQL processing times are both slow. But what I can see is that you have lot of queries like this:

SELECT image FROM TABLE_PREFIX_forum_icons WHERE fid=35

There's 75 queries like this - these should not be being queried within the loop of forums, these should be queried once. You'll need to ask whoever developed this plugin to fix this.

There's also a few queries like this:

SELECT username,usergroup,displaygroup FROM TABLE_PREFIX_users WHERE uid = '51'

There's only 5 of these but they also seem to be being queried within a loop, which is inefficient. This is also from a plugin but I can't tell which one (is using the index_start hook). If you have a plugin for displaying something group-related, you may need to ask the author of that plugin to look at this too.

Once these are fixed, the performance may improve. The PHP generation time is also slow, but need to rule out the MySQL issues first.
I would wager that the ones involving SELECT username, usergroup, displaygroup are from Style Usernames.

The other one is likely MyForumIcons. Unfortunately do not see a Github repository linked there so it would have to be downloaded to verify.
Hey guys,

thanks Matt for checking it out! Totally ok to still use that login info haha.

Thing is, I really have no idea what to do and how to fix this. Would you be able to help me out once again Matt? Any chance? Smile

I don't even know what that MyForumIcons Plugin is for example. Why we have it, what it does. No idea.

We turned that off I think and it made the forum a little bit faster, but still nowhere near acceptable. Sad
The page generation time is much better now, it's down to 216ms, with 87ms for PHP and 129ms for MySQL. This is how quickly it should be loading. Is it still slow for you even now?

I probably wouldn't have time to make the necessary changes to the plugin I'm afraid.