MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin To Force All Users To Portal Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone create a plugin that does this for my website?

Add a hook to index_start that calls the portal page that you want to be shown (for example portal.php).

My website is Deaf Golf and if a user types in the URL address or clicks on the link, I want all users to go straight to the portal page FIRST.

Please reply to me in PM!

Thanks!

Serpius
I can create any Custom Plugin if you want.
but this not need Plugin only add this to htaccess file
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm
(2022-02-22, 11:48 AM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]I can create any Custom Page if you want.
but this not need Plugin only add this to htaccess file
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

I have been told that modifying the .htaccess file is not the best option.

It must be a good, tested plugin to do this.
(2022-02-22, 11:55 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=474

Would this do it?

I saw that plugin earlier. The problem is that it is a time-delayed type of plugin. 

Like these 2 options:
  • delay for guest (in hours)
  • delay for members (in hours)

I don't need that.

I need a plugin that makes it permanent.
The above suggestion to set portal.php to be treated as an index file would suffice then. I'm not sure who told you editing the .htaccess wouldn't be a good option or what the reason for that would be.

Doing the above, going to yourdomain.com would load portal.php, not index.php - you'd have to go to index.php directly to get to the forum index. It's a quick and easy solution that doesn't need a plugin.

If for whatever reason you didn't want index.php to be accessible at all, then you could set up a rewrite rule to send /index.php to / so it'd load the portal (though then nobody would be able to access the forum index).
(2022-02-22, 12:00 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-22, 11:55 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=474

Would this do it?

I saw that plugin earlier. The problem is that it is a time-delayed type of plugin. 

Like these 2 options:

I don't need that.

Well, hard to do without a delay: the plugin sets a cookie which indicates that the user already seen the portal. Without it, the user will alway be redirected.
There is no check on the value of the delay, you can put 0 so delay is 0 (and not infinite), so it will act as a session (I guess, not tested)
(2022-02-22, 12:00 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Would this do it?

Like these 2 options:

I don't need that.

So, if you think need custom Plugin , I can create for you .
You Can send order here :
Telegram : @MostafaShiraali
Discord : MostafaShiraali#7754
Email :  [email protected]