MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My site........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I need some help with my site. The forums are perfect (nice job myBB team).

I have a site and want to add the following to it:

To the contact form:

* Send auto email after submitting to let user know email has been recieved (requires database??)

* Let a user submit only 5 times a day to reduce spam (database or cookies??)

* Only click submit once to reduce spam (php please, no silly javascript codes)

* Send it to both me and someone else (simple little code like:

mail( "[email protected], [email protected]", "Runescape Fan Site Mail"??)

I prefer something stable and unpreventable, eg: not javascript, cause it can be turned off by spammer in the form etc, so php would be nice. I have a database if you need it for the code. Let me know what to do. Much thanks to anyone who can help.

k776

P.S: Also, if you need the files of mine, here they are:
Well, first of all - no code is ever perfect. If someone wants to get around something bad enough, they'll find a way.

That being said, sending a form to more then one person using PHP is pretty simple. Here's a snippit of code that I've used on my own projects.

You can add another mail() function to send to the person submitting the form if you want them to have a confirmation email too.

<?php
/** Define recipients of mailing list. */
$mailRecipients = array("[email protected]", "[email protected]");

/** Define Mail Variables. */
$mailSubject    = "Test Subject";
$mailBody       = "Test Mail Message Body";
$mailReply      = "[email protected]";
$mailFrom       = "[email protected]";

/** Send a copy to each person in mailer array. */
foreach ($mailRecipients as $sendMail)
{
    mail($sendMail, $mailSubject, $mailBody,
	    "From: $mailFrom\n" .
		"Reply-To: $mailReply\n" .
		"Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\n" .
		"X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion());
}
?>
can you add that to the files I attached?? I can't figur out how.

k776
k776, like I said on the msgplusboard, please have some patience and don't ask your question twice.
If they haven't answered then they don't know. Smile
ok, thanks guido and Todd B for helping with the mutliple people thing. Now, Im working on the ability to add attachments.

Attached is the file I have put the code in. This is the page: http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/Runescape/contact.php

As you will see if you click ctrl + a, there is a parse error at the top. Much thanks to anyone that can get it going.

k776
Please? Anyone?? I would appreciate any help. Can someone intergrate a code into the attached file that will allow people to send attachments. Please help. I can't get a response from anywhere else :'(

k776
I don't think anyone is going to do this for you for free. You either need to make someone an offer, find a script that already allows attachments, or learn PHP and do it yourself.
I know php, I have the script in the file, the only problem is I dont know how to intergrate it. Im a "show me how, I'll remember" type person. Offer, umm, how about my eternal thanks?? Do you know how??

k776
I'm supposed to be working on a bug tracker. In addition, many people are wanting converters. I'm not going to do anything for you. On top of all that...
Quote:I don't think anyone is going to do this for you for free. You either need to make someone an offer, find a script that already allows attachments, or learn PHP and do it yourself.
Pages: 1 2 3