MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edits of templates not rendering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am attempting to add a welcome message board just below the community board name the way you have it here in the attached image. I have the section highlighted in yellow.

[attachment=44918]

But my edits are not showing up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
this plugin maybe help
(2022-02-23, 08:51 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]this plugin maybe help

Thanks! I just downloaded it.

Trying to figure out how to install it now. I'm a complete newbie...
(2022-02-23, 08:51 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]this plugin maybe help

Plugin installed. But can't seem to get it to work. Asked for help from the developer who wrote the plugin. He must not always visit or not have time to respond in this forum. If you know how to use this plugin, could you help me?

Here is my question for the developer:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-231067...pid1375398

If you can answer it, I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance.
Are you sure you're editing the right template set for your theme?
(2022-02-26, 07:41 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you're editing the right template set for your theme?

I only have one theme in use. And the BAM templates are in Global Templates set as "Used by all themes". Attached images:
[attachment=44949]                      [attachment=44948]
The first screenshot says "Not used by any themes" under Default templates, which isn't correct. Not sure how you've managed that really. What themes do you have installed?

Go to ACP > Templates & Style > edit the theme, there's a field "Template Set", I'm not entirely sure what will be selected here, but if it says "Default Templates", save the form and then go back to the Templates page, and it should say "Used by: <theme name>" under the Default Templates set. After that your edits should start taking effect.
(2022-02-26, 09:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The first screenshot says "Not used by any themes" under Default templates, which isn't correct. Not sure how you've managed that really. What themes do you have installed?

Go to ACP > Templates & Style > edit the theme, there's a field "Template Set", I'm not entirely sure what will be selected here, but if it says "Default Templates", save the form and then go back to the Templates page, and it should say "Used by: <theme name>" under the Default Templates set. After that your edits should start taking effect.

Great thanks. I did as you say.

[attachment=44950]

Will fiddle around with it now. Hope it works...