MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck all day at "Database Configuration"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community. I am brand new to myBB but am excited to launch it.

I have been stuck at Database Configuration.

I have created a database in my IONOS account.

[Image: mybb-1.jpg]

I believe I should be using that information on this part of the installation, correct?

[Image: mybb-2.jpg]

I've been getting that same error all day.

I have followed the previous instructions perfectly -- uploaded to Filezilla correctly, renamed files correctly, changed permissions correctly.

Do I need to add a specific file in FileZilla?

Do I need to add this code somewhere?

[Image: mybb-3.jpg]

I'm at a loss. Thanks, everyone!
Double check the password is correct. If you’re sure it is you’ll need to contact Ionos.

That code there is just generic PHP code for testing a database connection, it’s not something you need to use within MyBB. You can however put it in a file called test.php, set the password in the code, and go to yoursite.com/test.php to see if it works.
(2022-02-24, 08:54 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Double check the password and database name is correct, if you’re sure they are you’ll need to contact Ionos. That code there is just generic PHP code for testing a database connection, it’s not something you need to use.

Thanks for your response. To clarify, there is nothing I need to do with any of the backend files inside of FileZilla to add the database manually? I only need to connect to an existing database inside of the installation wizard?
Nope, it’ll write the database details to the config file for you, but the error you’re getting is due to the connection failing.

I edited my above post to use their example code to test the connection, but if it’s showing that error in the installer, their test code will likely do the same thing, as it’s more or less running the same code MyBB is anyway.
(2022-02-24, 08:58 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, it’ll write the database details to the config file for you, but the error you’re getting is due to the connection failing.

I edited my above post to use their example code to test the connection, but if it’s showing that error in the installer, their test code will likely do the same thing, as it’s more or less running the same code MyBB is anyway.

Thanks Matt.

I went back to IONOS and created another new directory (which is what I did this morning), entered the new directory details into the installation Wizard, and it fired right up.

I completed the installation wizard and am looking at the forum right now on one of my web subdomains. No errors.

Thanks again!