MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 on editing templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when I edit the index template, footer template and also about 80% of everything else I get a 403 error when trying to save, I've tried disabling the "modsecurity" in my cPanel and even with it disabled I still get the error, I'm not sure what else I can do.

I have also don't recall making any noticeable changes that could have caused this problem either.
You’ll need to ask your host for log details on what is causing it. They can also double check mod_security is definitely disabled as that’s pretty much always what causes this.
(2022-03-01, 12:49 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You’ll need to ask your host for log details on what is causing it. They can also double check mod_security is definitely disabled as that’s pretty much always what causes this.

I've been going back and forth with them for hours, they checked logs and whitelisted my IP after saying it was because of modsecurity then that didn't fix it, so I then disabled modsecurity myself and that didn't fix it, I've checked all of the file permissions, and they are all correct and everything else I could think of, could it be caused by CloudFlare?
Could be potentially if there's a web access firewall rule or something. You can temporarily disable the Cloudflare proxy to rule that out.