MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Organization: forum listings (w/same forums) listed under different categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this confusing....

I would like to have two different forum listing pages.  However, I want them to each contain the exact same forums, just have them sorted under different categories.  They could even be the same listing page, just with a switch to allow the user to select which way they want the forums to be categorized.

For example.  I have 4 forums:
- Talk about Spiders
- Talk about Turtles
- Talk about Bees
- Talk about Birds

For the first listing page (or sorted method) it would look like this:
Category 1 (Insects)
 - Talk about Spiders
 - Talk about Bees
Category 2 (Non Insects)
 - Talk about Turtles
 - Talk about Birds

For the 2nd listing page (or 2nd sort method), it would look like this:

Category 1 (Things that Crawl)
 - Talk about Spiders
 - Talk about Turtles
Category 2 (Things that Fly)
 - Talk about Birds
 - Talk about Bees

I would want the user to be able to dynamically select which way they would like to see the Forums organized.
Is there an easy way to do this?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks - DLT
You'd need a plugin for this, but not sure it'll be possible, not easily anyway. Forums can only have one parent, and the forum structure is cached and used across the forum in various places.

At a stretch, a forum tabs plugin might allow you to add a forum to multiple tabs, but it'd still be the same tabs displayed to everyone. I haven't seen this sort of structure being required before so doubt there's an existing solution, but certainly isn't possible with the core software.