MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete posts from a guest account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to delete all posts from an account that has been deleted and made into a guest account?
you want delete all Guest post or specific Guest?
if all you can delete thread/posts where uid = 0
else
There should be something unique in the posts or other fields for this Guest topics
A specific guest. I believe there are only two guest accounts, but yes, I only want to delete the posts for one of them. Their posts still show up with their user names but I don't seem to be able to search for them by their user names any longer.

ETA: Is there a way I can search for all guest account posts, so I can manually check the ones I want deleted?
You can search for all posts in which the guest is quoted, if the old username is unique enough. Clicking the arrow in the quote will take you back to the original post made by the guest. This will only find the posts which are quoted.

In order to find all the posts made by the user you can run a query on the database. A user here wanted to "dollarcide" and when the account was deleted his posts were transformed to guest account posts, as you've discovered. G121 is unique enough for a search of quoted threads.

For all threads by the user:
SELECT * FROM `mybb_threads` where username='g121' 

If you delete a thread from this table, all posts made by others in that thread will disappear from view.

For all posts by the user:
SELECT * FROM `mybb_posts` where username='g121' 

If you delete a post by the user where replyto=0, that's a thread starter post, and the thread will now start with the first reply to it. If the original post (now deleted) is quoted and you click the link back to the OP, the result will be "The specified post does not exist."
(2022-03-03, 05:44 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]A specific guest. I believe there are only two guest accounts, but yes, I only want to delete the posts for one of them. Their posts still show up with their user names but I don't seem to be able to search for them by their user names any longer.

ETA: Is there a way I can search for all guest account posts, so I can manually check the ones I want deleted?

if you Like send access for me , I will check for you
Telegram : @MostafaShiraali
Discord : MostafaShiraali#7754
Email :  [email protected]