MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatars all blurry/fuzzy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering why this is happening? I don’t have a limit on the upload size and the author of his theme claims it isn’t because of him, and when I used to be apart of the 1.4 mybb versions I’ve never had any issue before unless this is a 1.8 thing now.
https://flirtcord.com/forums/uploads/ava...1646431787

The image size is only 71x100, but it's being forced to display at 120x120 by the theme, so is being distorted and made to display larger than the number of pixels it contains, so it becomes pixellated. If you upload a larger avatar it won't have that issue. It only does it in that theme, the default theme doesn't have the same issue, as it's not forcing the avatar size.
(2022-03-04, 11:35 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]https://flirtcord.com/forums/uploads/ava...1646431787

The image size is only 71x100, but it's being forced to display at 120x120 by the theme, so is being distorted and made to display larger than the number of pixels it contains, so it becomes pixellated. If you upload a larger avatar it won't have that issue. It only does it in that theme, the default theme doesn't have the same issue, as it's not forcing the avatar size.

Would you mind helping me walk through it as best as you can? Because in the configuration I have everything set to 100x100 because it won’t go any higher then that so I’m not exactly sure where I’m looking to resolve this.
It won't be easy to fix because the postbit displays the avatar as a background image on a HTML element for some reason, so to fix it would require additional CSS. It will be easier to upload a square avatar.
Would you mind taking a look inside my forum if I had issued you a login? If not I’ll try and work with the author, though they told me it has nothing to do with their theme which is getting me upset because I paid for the theme.
It is the theme that's causing the issue, but it's a bit of an edge case. I wouldn't say the theme is doing anything wrong as such. It's standard for avatars to be square, so as yours isn't, it gets distorted. The profile page forces it to be a 120x120 square, and the postbit sets it as a background image on a square. It doesn't do it in the default theme as it's displayed as an image at natural dimensions. I probably wouldn't be able to look at it until some time tomorrow, but again if you can upload a square avatar, it'll stop being an issue.
(2022-03-05, 12:37 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It is the theme that's causing the issue, but it's a bit of an edge case. I wouldn't say the theme is doing anything wrong as such. It's standard for avatars to be square, so as yours isn't, it gets distorted. The profile page forces it to be a 120x120 square, and the postbit sets it as a background image on a square. It doesn't do it in the default theme as it's displayed as an image at natural dimensions. I probably wouldn't be able to look at it until some time tomorrow, but again if you can upload a square avatar, it'll stop being an issue.

I wouldn’t mind if you took a look at it tomorrow at whatever time is possible.