MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After Reinstalling myBB Database it does not update my online status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem: So this morning when I woke up, I decided to install a new plugin by uploading it to cPanel... Somehow I ended up deleting some very important files and I got an internal error...
I then backed up my database and reinstalled myBB from fresh install...
After awhile I managed to recover the data from my database and "Thank God", I lost no data...
I realized later into the day that (the 2nd Image) I registered online in the forum footer but I registered as offline in the Thread Post and in the Welcome tab.

URL: https://bookcrook.net (Sorry for the bad css, I deleted all of my cookies to try to fix the problem.)

myBB Version: 1.8.29

Test User Account: TestBot:GooglePlex123 (UsernameToungueassword)

Screenshots: Attached
Details don't seem to work.

Also for future reference, if you have issues from deleted files, you don't need to re-install - installing creates the database tables, it's nothing to do with with the files, and if you take a backup, re-install, and then import the backup, you'll just have the same database you had before and nothing has actually changed. If files are missing, they just need to be re-uploaded.
Hey, so I'm still having the same problem, and I think I found out what's causing it, I just don't know how to fix it.
In myBB, in my forums in particular, as you know it does not respond to me being online even when I am online.
Today when I woke up and logged in, its said Online but shortly after it said Last Online 11:37 or something.

I also realized that my plugin NewPoints (https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=94) wasn't giving me any points for my thread posts.

I did a recount which is an option in NewPoints to recount everyone's Points, and it updated to my real Points Amount.

I assumed after the recount it would begin synchronizing for the future but after a couple of more posts I saw the Points hadn't changed.

I did a full Points reset hoping to get it to add up my Points but still nothing...

This is why I think I know what's wrong...
Both the Online Status and the NewPoints Tracker have 1 thing in common...

They both reload after a thread or post submission.

Basically, I think that whatever updates the Online Status and NewPoints Status when you post a thread/post isn't actually doing anything right now...

I am positive this is the problem but I don't know how to fix it.

Hopefully you guys can help...