MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editor Style not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to change the editor style to another "theme" but even after changing it purging all cache from cloudflare and browser, deleting the css file I dont want to use, and forcing update on all users, some how Mybb likes to keep using the css file that does NOT exist. Why tf is this a thing? please help
It will only use the theme you've selected, it pulls the file name for the CSS file straight from the database.

View the source of the new reply or new thread page, find the <!-- start: codebuttons --> comment, under it you should see the CSS being included:

[attachment=44979]

Here the theme is "modern". Are you saying you're setting an editor theme in the theme settings, but the HTML here shows a different theme in the CSS file names? If that's the case, it sounds like the template has a hardcoded theme name or something.
(2022-03-09, 08:18 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It will only use the theme you've selected, it pulls the file name for the CSS file straight from the database.

View the source of the new reply or new thread page, find the <!-- start: codebuttons --> comment, under it you should see the CSS being included:

Here the theme is "modern". Are you saying you're setting an editor theme in the theme settings, but the HTML here shows a different theme in the CSS file names? If that's the case, it sounds like the template has a hardcoded theme name or something.

I appreciate it, can you by chance provide the default code that is in the "codebuttons" template?
If you go to ACP > Templates & Style > expand the template set the theme is using > Ungrouped Templates, if the codebuttons template has a green name, you can go Options > View diff report, or revert it to original (but the diff report will show that's changed). If the theme comes with its own editor style it might have that URL hardcoded in the template, meaning it'd ignore the editor style you select (and would explain why deleting the CSS had no effect, as it was loading CSS for a different style to the one you picked). If that template hasn't been edited though, then not sure what else it could be.