MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge does not respect the threadid vbulletin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Merge does not respect the threadid number?

I have done the merge from vbulletin but the url ID is different:

vbulletin --> showthread.php?t=141301
Mybb -----> showthread.php?tid=107762
That's true and that's how the Merge System works.
Thanks for answering.
How can I redirect one to the other?

vbulletin --> showthread.php?t=141301
Mybb -----> showthread.php?tid=107762

It is that if not, it would lose the google indexing of years. I have a forum with 1,000,000 messages...
It's possible to do that but currently MyBB doesn't have a working mechanism for redirecting arbitrary links, and the Merge System doesn't store old link data. Furthermore, for your dedicated situation, it might not a good choice to maintain workable redirections for links that have same base patterns (in your case both links use showthread.php? with only different in t= and tid=).

I have some ideas to achieve your goal. The first way (not a full workable solution)
  • Enhance the Merge System to store old links.
  • Use a plugin, if not exists write one, to redirect old links to new ones, with HTTP/301.

The second way requires your converted MyBB only contains data from vBB (also not a full workable solution)
  • Change the Merge System to maintain the IDs of user, threads, posts, polls, categories, forums, attachments from vBB data.
    That means in the converted MyBB, the link for the thread showthread.php?t=141301 in vBB will be showthread.php?tid=141301.
  • Edit MyBB to allow accesses by showthread.php?t=XXXX and issue an HTTP/301 to new destinations or replace all thread access points with showthread.php?t=XXXX.
  • Use a plugin, if not exists write one, to parse t= access and correctly redirect it to tid=.
Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try and see what happens.
All the best.
Hello, I have tried several times with different changes and I can't get it to work for me.
From here can I request a quote from someone who knows how to do it?
Or do I have to post the message somewhere else?
Thanks.
Probably in https://community.mybb.com/forum-190.html or give a shout in MyBB Discord server?
Thanks.