MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PhpChat Plugin- changing setting & clearing sessions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just upgraded to 1.2.9 MyBB. I also just successfully installed the phpfreechat plugin.

Here are my two major issues:
1) I can't change any of the default settings in the Admin CP. Well, I change them but they don't take affect.
2) The chat sessions don't clear. Are they supposed to? I just hate opening the chat room to see the leftover chat sessions of previous users.

Also, I did have some customizations with my template but since they were causing log out issues I reverted everything that showed up under "Find Updated Templates". I'm not sure if that bit of info matters or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hey Faith... Sorry for dragging on this. I've been away from the MyBB stuff for a while and haven't looked at my phpFreeChat mod in forever. Anyway, here goes:

I've upgraded my personal/test board with 1.2.9 and the latest version of phpFreeChat, and everything is working fine for me using the currently-available version of my plugin. (Neither phpFreeChat nor MyBB has changed substantially enough through their revisions to break it.)

That said, getting phpFreeChat to pay attention to your admin settings can be difficult. Try these steps:
1.) Make sure you have all the options in the admin CP correct - particularly the path, etc. Once all that's good, you should at least be seeing the chat session. It may not look the way you want yet, but that's where step 2 comes in.
2.) Now, to FORCE phpFreeChat to accept your settings:
-- gain directory/shell access to your server and cd into your chat's directory. (For me, that's /var/www/chat.)
-- cd into the "data/private" subdirectory, and delete everything there. This will purge out the old settings, caches, logs, etc.
-- re-access your chat session and see if it changed.
Flushing the cache and stored info like that should force it to pay attention to your changed settings.

Now, as for clearing out the chat window, right now I have put no such feature in there. That's becausue the chat session - at least the main Lobby one - is never closed out. It's always running. Private rooms end up terminated, so I believe they clear.

Hope that helps...
Ichi