MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Urging me to upgrade after moving hosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of moving to a new server for the CodeIgniter forums. I copied the files and the database over to the new server, ensured that file permissions were correct as per the install docs, and added the lines to the nginx config file as suggested there. I updated the inc/config.php file with the new database settings, and modified the urls in inc/setting.php.

When I try to view the page it gives me the following error

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type: 
MyBB Error (42) 

Error Message: 
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it. 

Upgrading was not part of this process so this seems like a false flag, but I cannot figure out why. I've tried upgrading - i remove the lock file, run the upgrade.php script and it tells me I don't have permissions. Logging out and logging back in with my admin credentials still gives the same error.

I am running MyBB 1.8.27 on PHP 7.4.3

Any idea how to get past this?
Did you use the same files you had before or a fresh download? This error is triggered if $config['database'] is not an array, there's no cached version history, or there's newer upgrade files than what's in the cache of previously performed upgrades. Sounds like either you've use 1.8.30 files, or the database details are wrong (and as the installer doesn't accept your login credentials, sounds like the latter). Or did you use a cache driver other than the database and it maybe hasn't been rebuilt?

if(!is_array($config['database']))
{
	$mybb->trigger_generic_error("board_not_upgraded");
}

$version_history = $cache->read("version_history");
if(empty($version_history) || file_exists(MYBB_ROOT."install/resources/upgrade".(int)(end($version_history)+1).".php"))
{
	$mybb->trigger_generic_error("board_not_upgraded");
}
It was the same files. Your question about the cache driver got me on the correct track, though. Looking on the new server's config file and it listed the cache driver as 'file'. I changed that to 'database' and the same came up.

Thank you.