MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyReactions plugin is not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running MyBB 1.8.30 under cygwin. I downloaded the MyReactions plugin and followed the installation instructions.

All goes well, until clicking on the "Add Reaction" button. The browser windows scrollbar goes away, and it does nothing else. The console shows this message:

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).error is not a function

Any help will be appreciated.
What's your URL? I think that's more an issue with the theme, I don't think MyReactions uses .error() anywhere but I know some themes do.
(2022-03-24, 01:01 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]What's your URL? I think that's more an issue with the theme, I don't think MyReactions uses .error() anywhere but I know some themes do.

I'm running it on localhost. I'm just looking into MyBB for now looking forward to start a forum based on MyBB. I have installed two themes. I'll see if I have the same issue with all of them, including the default one, that I understand came with MyBB itself. I'll let you know.

It works beautifully under the Default theme.
So yeah I think the issue is lot of themes come with some code to I think catch broken avatars/images and replace them with something else, and it uses the jQuery error() function. However this function has been removed in jQuery 3 which is what MyBB uses, and the themes haven't been updated. I imagine what's happening is that javascript is erroring that causes other javascript (in this case MyReactions) to break.
Well, I just discarded the themes I had and I'm looking for two other ones. Those two I had were a little old. Thank you.

Just marked it solved. I'll deal with the issue of the themes.