MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload File Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys when i click to upload a file which is 40.9 MBS:

as shown in photo 1.

i get this error in photo 2.

why is that happening i have increasing the file upload max size to 50MBs at php 7.4 and also increased the file types sizes to 100M from admin panel.

But unfortunately i can only upload smaller files like 4MB now.But in my post you can see in photo photo 1 that i have uploaded in the past larger file 40.57MB why now i cannot i dont understand.
If you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance, what does it say for the Max Upload / POST Size value? If this has the correct value, you may need to contact your host as there may be something else wrong, a 500 error comes from the server rather than MyBB itself.
(2022-04-01, 11:40 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance, what does it say for the Max Upload / POST Size value? If this has the correct value, you may need to contact your host as there may be something else wrong, a 500 error comes from the server rather than MyBB itself.

See the photo:
Okay looks correct, will need to ask your host for details on what’s triggered the 500 error.
Its ok It is solved.

The problem was caused from another error callig this fuction:
PHP Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in includes/functions.php on line 97.
Which made my site loading as blank or not loading at all along with generalized file uploads issues.

After i replaced this:
get_magic_quotes_gpc()
With this:
I didnt get this error anymore and then out of the blue everything is working.

I dont know why im not experienced its like a php error from another plugin or php file destroyes everything else.
You may be running up against the attachment usage quota.
You already have used about 41MB, your storage limit is about 60MB.
Change the quota in AdminCP / Users & Groups / Groups, then select the group to edit, Forums & Posts tab, then edit the quota in the Attachments section.

I note that the default post_attachments template has this line which displays quota and usage. Your theme may have dropped part of that by design, but I do find it useful information.
<td class="tcat smalltext" colspan="3">{$lang->attach_quota} {$lang->attach_usage} {$link_viewattachments}</td>
(2022-04-02, 11:36 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]You may be running up against the attachment usage quota.
You already have used about 41MB, your storage limit is about 60MB.
Change the quota in AdminCP / Users & Groups / Groups, then select the group to edit, Forums & Posts tab, then edit the quota in the Attachments section.

I note that the default post_attachments template has this line which displays quota and usage. Your theme may have dropped part of that by design, but I do find it useful information.
<td class="tcat smalltext" colspan="3">{$lang->attach_quota} {$lang->attach_usage} {$link_viewattachments}</td>

Hey read my post above yours.

If it was that the mybb would have shown a warning to me that i have reached the limit but on current situation didnt.So the error was from server's side and a php file.

Thanks that you were searching about this, spending your personal free time to solve this.
(2022-04-02, 11:22 AM)tonperneis Wrote: [ -> ]Its ok It is solved.

The problem was caused from another error callig this fuction:
PHP Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in includes/functions.php on line 97.
Which made my site loading as blank or not loading at all along with generalized file uploads issues.

After i replaced this:
get_magic_quotes_gpc()
With this:
I didnt get this error anymore and then out of the blue everything is working.

I dont know why im not experienced its like a php error from another plugin or php file destroyes everything else.

Weird, you're definitely on PHP 7.4? The only call to get_magic_quotes_gpc() is wrapped in a PHP version check and shouldn't even be running if you're on 7.4.
It runs and its deprecated.After i replaced that code in a custom plugin with 0 value then errors stopped showing in logs file and out of the blue i dont get 500 error anymore during upload.I dont know how this happens.

Sorry i use  php 7.1.

I dont know how a random error can trigger this.
Ah, sorry I misread the fact it was in a different file, I was looking at the usage of it in the core code. Any references to magic quotes can probably be removed entirely as it won't be doing anything on PHP 7 or 8 anyway.