MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: complete newbie with simple question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, im complete new here and am looking to build a forum for the first time.
what i wanted to know is if i use MyBB will members be able to upload pictures directly ?
i have been using a forum that is xenforo and am use to just adding an image directly whilst in the thread without any third party storage. i have a vps and reseller hosting so space shouldn't be a problem.  this is probably a real basic question but i guess we all start somewhere.
thanks for taking a look
You can upload images as attachments to posts, but they will either show as a grid of attachments under the post, or as a thumbnail inside the post.
so if a user has a picture on their phone they will be able to select that image and upload it directly?
They will be able to do that yes.
It is also possible to show the original image directly in the post. Selectable in the AdminCP. Viewing posts like that uses more bandwidth but suitable for some applications. Thumbnails can also be sized large enough that they can convey enough information to help the user decide to click it for more detail. It's easy to find the balance between the two.
you guys were a great help....big thanks