MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting 404 When Clicking Username in Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a test user for a new installation of MyBB. When I click the hyperlinked username at the top it goes to mydomain.com/forum/user-2.html and returns a 404. It's set up in a directory. What's causing it? SEO Url setting?

It's when a registered user logs in at the top left and says:

Welcome back, jasontestuser. You last visited: Yesterday, 01:37 PM Log Out

When you click jasontestuser it goes to a 404.
Did you enable the rewrite rules in your httpd (using the .htaccess if you are with apache, or configuring nginx properly) ?
Where's the documentation for that. I know I sey it from auto to enabled in the admin. It didn't say to modify the .htaccess file.

I changed it back to enabled and that fixed it.
It does - it says this below the setting name:

Quote: Once this setting is enabled you need to make sure you have the MyBB .htaccess in your MyBB root directory (or the equivalent for your web server). Automatic detection may not work on all servers. Please see the MyBB Docs for assistance.

You don't need to modify the file, but it needs to be renamed to .htaccess (by default it is htaccess.txt). If the setting is set to auto-detect it will try and detect if the rewrites will work, whereas if it set to enabled it will force the rewritten URLs to be used even if the htaccess.txt file hasn't been renamed to .htaccess