MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accidently Deleted inc Folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2022-04-13, 09:42 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The inc folder is not the database though. The database is a MySQL database. If you run through the install script using a database that already has data in it, it deletes the tables and inserted fresh data to it.

You would have seen this message:

[Image: qaWEIJj.png]

It says "This option will delete any existing forum you may have set up and install a fresh version of MyBB" - it also then has this confirmation alert:

[Image: s4l3uYQ.png]

Did you run through the install process and see these messages?

I have run the installation but I have not seen that message nor any prompt message.
(2022-04-13, 09:34 PM)jklogic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-13, 09:30 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]No, if you run the install script it creates a clean database. It does warn about this during the install process. If you had deleted files, then you only needed to re-upload the files, the data isn't stored in the files.

Is there anyway to fix it ?

You can ask your host if they have any backups, but otherwise you'll be starting over unfortunately.
I'm guessing then you ran the install script before restoring the config.php file. Unfortunately then it looks like you've overwritten your forum. I'm not sure why you ran the install script if you had only deleted files, but unless your host has a backup there's not a lot you can do I'm afraid.
(2022-04-13, 09:45 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-13, 09:34 PM)jklogic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-13, 09:30 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]No, if you run the install script it creates a clean database. It does warn about this during the install process. If you had deleted files, then you only needed to re-upload the files, the data isn't stored in the files.

Is there anyway to fix it ?

You can ask your host if they have any backups, but otherwise you'll be starting over unfortunately.

They dont have backups. Well you mean I have to start again all ? Moreover, is the possible if you can see the db.sqp file through phpmyadmin and check the forums I had made ?
I'm not sure what you mean, do you have a .sql backup file somewhere? The database you have is empty and just has the data from a fresh install in it.
(2022-04-13, 09:48 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing then you ran the install script before restoring the config.php file. Unfortunately then it looks like you've overwritten your forum. I'm not sure why you ran the install script if you had only deleted files, but unless your host has a backup there's not a lot you can do I'm afraid.

It was showing blank page and afterwards when I added the inc folder it showed me the install script page so I thought it will backup all. It also showed me the message to delete the lock file which I deleted aswell.

(2022-04-13, 09:51 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean, do you have a .sql backup file somewhere? The database you have is empty and just has the data from a fresh install in it.

I meant when you go to phpmyadmin there is a database and yes you can see all the entities there. And yes I have sql database file.
There's a database there yes, but that has no data it it because the install script was run. When did you take the .sql database backup? If it was from before you ran the install script again, then you can restore that.
(2022-04-13, 09:55 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]There's a database there yes, but that has no data it it because the install script was run. When did you take the .sql database backup? If it was from before you ran the install script again, then you can restore that.

Yeah its old. Can you tell me how to restore it ?
If you use phpMyAdmin and log in with the database details, select the database from the list on the left, and there will be an Import tab along the top, you can import it here.
(2022-04-13, 10:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If you use phpMyAdmin and log in with the database details, select the database from the list on the left, and there will be an Import tab along the top, you can import it here.

Ok let me try and I will update you.

(2022-04-13, 10:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If you use phpMyAdmin and log in with the database details, select the database from the list on the left, and there will be an Import tab along the top, you can import it here.

Dosent work. Let me know is there anyway to backup MyBB ?
Pages: 1 2 3