MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot login to ACP after configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

After doing a fresh installation of MyBB I managed to login to the Admin (ACP) using url: MyForum.com/admin.

I don't know but it seems I have by mistake changed some configuration because of which I am not able to login to my ACP.

It keeps showing the message: The email and password combination you entered is invalid.

By the way I have enabled Secret PIN for added security.

In my case the user name for ACP lever user is plain user name and not an email.

I have installed the latest version of MyBB that is MyBB 1.8

Please help in solving this error.

TIA

Yogi Yang
There is a setting that allows you to login by 0-username only, 1-email only, or 2-username or email.

First, try to login using the email associated with your username. If that doesn't work, then you can change the setting in the database.

Using phpMyAdmin, see what it is, and change as appropriate.
SELECT * FROM `mybb_settings` WHERE `name`="username_method" 

If you make a database change and are able to login, verify your setting is correct in AdminCP / Configuration / Login and Registration Options / Allowed Login Methods. Even if it is showing correctly, save the settings. This will make sure the database settings match the inc/settings.php
What's your URL? This can sometimes happen if you've changed your cookie settings incorrectly.