MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Countdown Before Attachment Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the idea here is to make plugin that will do one of these two scenarions when user want to download attachment from the server.

1. If user clicks on attachment name - User will be redirected to download page and wait X amount of seconds before downloading the file and as soon as file starts downloading, that link will become invalid to prevent hotlinking. 

2. Next to the attachment name, there will be "Download" button, and when user clicks on it, the button will dissapear and timer of X seconds will start on the place where that button was. When timer runs out, download will be started. Again, some kind of hotlink protection would be nice here.
Set the permission that guests can't see/download attachments and hotlinking problem is over. Wink
(2022-04-18, 10:03 AM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Set the permission that guests can't see/download attachments and hotlinking problem is over. Wink

You are right and I expressed myself myself wrong. I wanted not to allow users to download file multiple times in a row after countdown. Only once, and if they want to download it again, they have to wait for the countdown again. I guess the easiest solution for that would be to refresh the page once download starts
(2022-04-18, 10:07 AM)GasmoN Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-18, 10:03 AM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Set the permission that guests can't see/download attachments and hotlinking problem is over. Wink

You are right and I expressed myself myself wrong. I wanted not to allow users to download file multiple times in a row after countdown. Only once, and if they want to download it again, they have to wait for the countdown again. I guess the easiest solution for that would be to refresh the page once download starts

You could also make it a way the users have to be premium or paid subscriber in order to download more files or have less flood time limit
I am using this old plugins and is working but only to Limit per 48 hours each user in a group to download X Attachment per 48 hours.

https://anonfiles.com/v441e9B4y6/attachm...adLimit_7z

I need help and seriously i am ready to pay for a better plugins.

i find something like that but .. a plugin who limit each user in a group to download X attachment per day

if we allow them to download 30 attachment per day the problem is they can download the 30 in 5 min if they want or less and is drop our speed of server.  this is why we need to limit user to download X attachment per day .. and limit too per hours .. that mean Yess they can download in 24 hours 30 attachment. but they are Limited per hours to 1 example.

if we can limit the speed to 100 Kbs that will be perfect.. i am ready to pay $$$ ( 100-130$)