MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All Private Messages Are PMID=0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, guys!

I backup and moved my board to another server using phpMyAdmin, same configs, same MySQL and php versions. But now I'm facing problems when viewing PM's. All recently PM's are PMID=0 and I can't read new ones.

https://example.com/private.php?action=read&pmid=0

- Not a plugin issue (I deactivated all of them)
- Not CloudFlare (I already purged all cache)
- Not browser/internet connection (I already purged all cache/flush DNS)
- Not template/theme (All shows same error)
- Not a install/upgrade issue
- Not a table/database problem (all checked and repaired)

Also, some users can't view shoubox. I'm not sure but i'm guessing is a wrong setting on WHM or a missing module/package from Apache. I tried to google for this problem, but I haven't found anything. Nothing in ./error.log (yes, it's activated).

Huh
Looks like either the data wasn't exported correctly or didn't import correctly. Do you still have access to the old server to take another backup of that table?
(2022-04-20, 10:46 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like either the data wasn't exported correctly or didn't import correctly. Do you still have access to the old server to take another backup of that table?

This happens only with new PM's; old ones are OK.
Hypothesis: the auto_increment is not well setted on the table, so MySQL (MariaDB) can't give the good value.
Really strange, it looks like the primary index is not setted on the table too.
(2022-04-21, 06:50 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Hypothesis: the auto_increment is not well setted on the table, so MySQL (MariaDB) can't give the good value.
Really strange, it looks like the primary index is not setted on the table too.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Confused
alter the table with the following query: ALTER TABLE mybb_privatemessages AUTO_INCREMENT = XXX where XXX is the last (max) pmid value of mybb_privatemessages
(2022-04-21, 10:09 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]alter the table with the following query: ALTER TABLE mybb_privatemessages AUTO_INCREMENT = XXX where XXX is the last (max) pmid value of mybb_privatemessages

Nothing.... Problem still persists
Confused
Check the structure of your table. pmid must be primary index and extra AUTO_INCREMENT.
And haven't you any plugin working with pm ? if yes, try disabling it to check
Column was corrupted. I decided to remake it. I lost all PM's but everything is fine now.
Glad to hear!