MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing files in real time help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mybb users, im a wouldbe developer here and new to mybb, what a brilliant app!,

In short I would like to edit the source code and add a few things here or their offline

Im using visual studio but when i open the html files in my browser their is just a white screen and nothing to show the changes that have been made in the php fikes. I have tried that server extention thing in vs and same thing unfortunaetly, I would have to save these fikes and then upload them in file manager to see the changes and i would rather edit everything offline.

Im just having problems on how to edit the source code and view it side by side, Is their a way to view the files and the results of what i am editing in live current tine? Thank you for your help in advance
It doesn't really work like that - you're not editing static HTML, you're editing PHP that gets executed to generate a page, you can't "live view" the output as you'd need to re-load the page to run the new code.

I'm not sure what HTML you're editing, but if you're trying to edit the HTML of the outputted page, that's not going to do anything, as that HTML is dynamically generated by MyBB.

What is it you're trying to change exactly?
Thanks for reply, sorted now, seems i need to upload it to localhost and then refresh browser after each edit for anyone who has same problem, thanka