MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, im new to all of this so if i say something stupid that will be why :-)

i am running mybb 1.8.22 without any plugins.
i want to merge a xenforo forum that has been running for 10years as a free community forum until the guy who ran it disappeared without a trace leaving the forum broken.
the new mybb forum has only a small amount of activity , just to try it out, so nothing much to loose. its database is only 6mb , the xenforo database is 352mb with loads of plugins 

the mybb forum is here:

www.lexus-world.com.

the xenforo forum is on a sub domain of that domain, but at the moment it is redirected to the main forum so cant be seen : www.forum.lexus-world.com

is there a completely idiot proof guide to how i install the merge software? i cant understand what i upload to where ..... or how to upload in once i have unzipped it (do i use filezilla?) 

have many people been able to merge xenforo successfully? the old database (xenforo) is intact but we believe what went wrong was some plugins were removed.

any help would be appreciated and feel free to dumb it down as much as you want as im use to making html websites and all of this database is new to me but i really want to learn

thanks for reading
Just replied to your PM but will post her for posterity.

You would need to download the merge system and upload the /merge folder to your forum root (the same place as /admin and /inc etc). Then you'd go to https://www.lexus-world.com/merge and it should be there to go through.