MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: after installing merge software got this error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
can anyone offer a step by step of how to install the plugin..... i have searched but cant find it please?

www.lexus-world.com
mybb1.8.30
You would use the same method you used to upload the MyBB files originally, and the merge files. However you did that, you would do the same thing. The merge system downlaod zip has a file called loginconvert.php, you will need to upload that to inc/plugins. If you're using FileZilla, you would navigate to your forum files and then inc/plugins, and drag the loginconvert.php file across.
However, it looks like you're still yet to run the merge with any modules selected, so you don't need the logincovert plugin yet. Or are you planing to run the merge again now?
(2022-05-02, 12:08 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]However, it looks like you're still yet to run the merge with any modules selected, so you don't need the logincovert plugin yet. Or are you planing to run the merge again now?

hi Matt, thanks for the reply. yes i do plan on running the merge again now....ive been nervous about breaking the forum. this is all new to me, ive been making html sites in front page and nice page and a bit in wordpress but this is new territory that i really want to learn. are there any screen shots of what i actually need to do? 
the merge software was installed with help from the host. am i able to just run it as is without adding to it?

the old xenforo forum has many years of technical information that has become a resource for lexus and soarer owners and i was hoping to retrieve what i can before its lost forever....... about 15years worth of technical advice
I would suggest reading the documentation on how to use FileZilla: https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Using

There's not really a lot to screenshot, it's a single step process. In FileZilla, you would connect to the server, navigate to the forum files in the right hand panel, and navigate to the merge system files you downloaded in the left hand panel. You would then drag and drop the loginconvert.php file into the inc/plugins folder. It's the same process you would do to move a file on your computer.
another thing that is causing me some confusion is this is the first time i have used plesk .....my own hosting has always been CPanel , this is a friends hosting and the guy who set it up has vanished and the xenforo is broken
Plesk has a file manager too, you can use that to browse the file system, navigate to inc/plugins and upload the loginconvert.php file that way.
thanks Matt, its just this uploading that i need to get licked , im trying to figure it. i want to upload the plugin installer that i believe you made

just installed latest version of filezilla and its sponsored by the hosts i use, 20i.....they have their own version of cpanel that is excellent

hi Matt, i have followed your instructions.... does this look right?[attachment=45100]

so the merge was running well untill i hit a snag

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column lexuswor_mybb.mybb_forums.pid at row 1Query:UPDATE mybb_forums SET pid='', parentlist='55' WHERE fid='55' LIMIT 1
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
[attachment=45101]

how do i abort the merge as it wont go past this

[attachment=45102]

this is second time running the merge
Pages: 1 2