MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to create a hidden forum..??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yanno, a private place for real life friends inaccessible and invisible to others..??
Using the latest mybb software.

https://rickkins.com/

Thanks.
Check the various permission docs - this is a good start - Permissions.

Basically, create a group - add the desired members - use forum permissions.  Unauthorised members won't even see it.
Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks.

(2022-04-30, 10:09 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Check the various permission docs - this is a good start - Permissions.

Basically, create a group - add the desired members - use forum permissions.  Unauthorised members won't even see it.
Created the forum, see no option to add individual members...

And it seems that even with removing all permissions from everyone but myself doesn't work either, it is visible to all...
Screenshot what it is you're changing. You need to add people to a usergroup, and then set the permissions accordingly. I.e., the regular registered usergroup cannot view the forum, but the new usergroup you've created can. Permissions don't work on an individual user basis so I'm not sure what you're changing currently.
(2022-05-01, 12:47 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshot what it is you're changing. You need to add people to a usergroup, and then set the permissions accordingly. I.e., the regular registered usergroup cannot view the forum, but the new usergroup you've created can. Permissions don't work on an individual user basis so I'm not sure what you're changing currently.

[attachment=45097]

I had though it might be possible to create a new usergroup but there seems to be no such setting. Come to think of it, I see no option in the acp to add members individually to a particular forum.

Or are there options I'm not seeing...??

Thanks.
I think Matt asked for screenshot of your settings in ACP.
And you won't add members to a forum, you'll add them into a group you create, and you'll give this group the permission of view (and post) :

Deny registered :
[Image: ptDrsof.png]

Allow Private :
[Image: zLFzVOL.png]
Good advice from Matt and Crazycat - issue should be clearing up now. 

I glossed over some steps in my initial answer.  Breaking it down a bit - create a group in ACP » Groups » Add New User Group. 

Add user to that group in ACP - Users » Edit User » Profile » Additional User Groups.  Wouldn't mess with the Primary User Group right now - we don't know what other settings you have.

Then apply the permissions to the desired forum as @Crazycat illustrates.

Mess with it a bit - will start to make sense. Smile
Ok, so I've had some success. I have created a new usergroup, and added a member to it.

I think I may have gotten it.

Is the "test" forum still visible...??
https://rickkins.com/

Thanks.

So I've had a couple folks test it and it seems I did it.
Thanks guys, I'd have been fumbling in the dark forever otherwise...
I Recently visited your website and what i got the

blockquote's background seems weird because of white background.

change the backgroud property of blockquote class in your global.css line 747

.blockquote {
    background: none;
}
(2022-05-03, 10:25 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]I Recently visited your website and what i got the

blockquote's background seems weird because of white background.

change the backgroud property of blockquote class in your global.css line 747

.blockquote {
    background: none;
}

Oh sweet Jesus that fixed a definite issue I was having, thanks mate...
Pages: 1 2