MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable "Password Required"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I just installed MyBB and added some forums. In every forum settings "Forum Password" field is empty. "Password" fields in mb_forums dp are empty too. But if I (or other user) try to enter any forums, I have "The administrator has required it so that a password is required for access to this forum."

Could you tell me how to disable this feature? 

I found a similar question for 2015. But it was solved by cleaning the passwords in the database.

Kind regards,
Eugene.

Empty passwords in the DB
[attachment=45127]

Annoying Thing
[attachment=45128]

System information
[attachment=45129]

I solved the problem by accident.
I added a moderator (user group) to one of the forums. That's it, the password request has disappeared. Removed moderators. The password did not appear.
This is clearly a technical issue. In general, there is a problem. But my issue is resolved.
Maybe someone will help.

Eugene.
I can't see how it would be doing that if no password was set, have never seen anything like this happening before. Does it happen to all forums? Can you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > forums > Rebuild Cache, then try again with a non-moderator user?
Thinking about it, what is likely is that your browser auto-populated the password field and then somehow it got cleared out when you edited the forum again. Only thing I can think of really as the code to check the password will only run if it has a value.