MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration: Query of the FIDs whether content is already given.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you choose a nick (e.g. test user) when registering which is already taken, the message appears:
Testuser is already being used as a name by another member.

How could one do this for the FIDs as it were?

Requirement:
If, for example, the membership number (fid8) 12345 is entered during registration and this is already given, a message will also be displayed with a red border!

Registration should only be able to be completed if the required FID/s are not already available.

Is there a plugin for it or with an additional. script? As?

Might have someone a solution for this?

Thanks in advance for tips and hints.
I'm not really sure what it is you're trying to do. What does FID mean, Forum ID? I'm not sure what they have to do with users registering? User IDs and Forum IDs are totally unrelated and are automatically generated by the database.
Sorry, FID is field ID for custom fields...

By default there's no uniqueness validation on those, you would need a plugin to achieve that.
With a plug-in it would certainly be the ideal solution

Maybe someone would like to create such a plugin for me for a small fee?
(2022-05-09, 02:18 PM)Fontane Wrote: [ -> ]With a plug-in it would certainly be the ideal solution

Maybe someone would like to create such a plugin for me for a small fee?

https://community.mybb.com/forum-65.html
^ Request for such in that forum! Smile Lots of great developers on here so hopefully someone can help you out.