MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duende V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm glad to announce Duende version 3! Inspired by the official Duende theme (by iAndrew).

I made the original theme fully responsive by myself including tons of other improvements. And released it under GPL.

Demo

Visit: https://mybbdemo.melroy.org

Features
  • Fully responsive, reworked all the templates making it fully responsive on mobile/tablet
  • Added "Latest threads" on front page
  • Improved loading times, using defer/async where possible! Using the preconnect meta tag for further performance gains
  • Fixed login form for MyBB 1.8.x
  • Improved icons
  • Cleaned-up inline Javascript, put as much as possible into main.js (loaded async)
  • Converted to HTML5 syntax, with valid doctype and robot meta tag
  • 1000+ styling fixes all across multiple CSS files
  • Fixed jQuery Tipsy
  • Homepage W3C validated (no HTML template failures only some obsolete warnings)

Download:

Visit the theme page on mybb.com

Regards,
Melroy van den Berg
Demo site?
(2022-05-13, 10:17 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Demo site?

https://mybbdemo.melroy.org
Top!!!

However it is really ridiculous that a stranger makes a beautiful and responsive theme while the official forum is not responsive ...
does anyone know if the color is changeable?
(2022-05-17, 02:13 PM)greenops011 Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know if the color is changeable?

Try to change the color and background color of classes , ids in css...........
Hello, very nice Theme :-).
I have one Question: How can i Edit the Button? For Translation? Is it prossible to translate in German?
(2022-05-17, 04:35 PM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-17, 02:13 PM)greenops011 Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know if the color is changeable?

Try to change the color and background color of classes , ids in css...........

Templates -> Style -> Themes -> Duende V3 -> Click on "Edit Stylesheet: Advance Mode" -> See line number 2 regarding the background. Currently, #f7f7f7 is the color but also a background image is set. You may want to remove the image from the stylesheet.

Example code:

body {
  background-color: #7CFC00; # Changing the background color
  color: #A020F0; # Changing the font color
  text-align: center;
  line-height: 1.4;
  margin: 0;
  overflow-y: scroll; 
  font-family: 'Ubuntu', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Avenir Next", Avenir, "Nimbus Sans L", Roboto, Noto, "Segoe UI", Arial, Helvetica, "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
  font-size: 16px;
}

Keep in mind. This is not the only place you need to change the color, since the theme is using quite a lot of css classes, so depending where you want to change the colors of the theme, you need to change the applicable css classes. Web Developer tools in both Firefox or Chrome can help you pin-point the correct classes you want to update.

(2022-07-17, 06:53 PM)vip3r Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, very nice Theme :-).
I have one Question: How can i Edit the Button? For Translation? Is it prossible to translate in German?

Thanks.
You are right, some parts of the theme is not using the language system of mybb because the words/sentences I wanted are sometimes not there.

The best thing you can do is in your admin panel go to: Templates & Style -> Templates -> Duende v3 Templates -> "Forum Display Templates" ->  forumdisplay_newthread. And under "Show Thread Templates" -> showthread_newthread. Edit forumdisplay_newthread and showthread_newthread by updating the text inside the <span> </span> sections.

This was an example of the New thread button. You need to do this for all the buttons you may want to change / translate to your local language (German).

Hint: Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Search/Replace. This built-in search feature of MyBB (leaving the replace field empty) can really help you find the templates you want/need to translate. This is how I searched on "New thread", the results where: forumdisplay_newthread and showthread_newthread. Again, this search feature will help you a lot!
This theme is still using <table> tags preventing to be fully respnsive in general.
Nevertheless - great theme - great work!

[ETS]
(2022-08-03, 12:22 AM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]This theme is still using <table> tags preventing to be fully respnsive in general.

Nevertheless - great theme - great work!
[ETS]

Thanks. I tried my best to convert the existing open-source version (licensed under GP) of Duende from the year 2014 to a fully responsive template as much as possible. And called it Duende V3, without fully redesigning from scratch. (Duende V2 name was already taken by another creator/fork).

That being said; Duende v3 theme should be very mobile friendly, I'm using div boxes at some places and special css tricks to make it mobile friendly.

Ps. Also note that iAndrew didn't like the effort I put into making this theme responsive using the open-source license and redistribute it. iAndrew now changed the license after I forked it. Which is very suspicious to say the least.
Proof of the original GPL license using Wayback Machine - Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/201811192344...se&pid=283.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5