MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: locked from using the admin panel of my site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i've tried to login to admin panel of my forums. there was a problem and i got locked from trying after 5 tries.

i got this message {see screenshot} but didn't received the email.....

i do remember that when i've changed my email i also changed the system to use it.....

what do i do next to use the admin panel again?
hi
do i need to type it in phpmyadmin?
if yes, i hope i will figure it out because it is jumbled in hebrew and i can't find a way to change the phpmyadmin to english..

thanks
(2022-05-22, 01:36 PM)HAFOOCH Wrote: [ -> ]hi
do i need to type it in phpmyadmin?
if yes, i hope i will figure it out because it is jumbled in hebrew and i can't find a way to change the phpmyadmin to english..

thanks

In the home page of phpmyadmin, you should have a drop down to select language under Appearance Settings.

I'd contact my host if you don't.
i will try to contact them because i think i don't have a language selection option.

can you tell me how exactly do i make this command suited to my needs?

what exactly is a UID and how to find it?

edit..
is that user id?
i just need to find out what is my user idea, replace with the X and run the command?

do i run it in queries?

edit 2..

i did run it but still get the lock message after typing the 2fa code once.
here is a screenshot of what i did..
You can find your UID at the end of the URL for your profile.
yes, i did it already Matt
the think is that it didn't changed the problem.
you can see what i've typed in the screenshot.....
my user id is '1'.....
In post 5 (which was edited), you mention 2fa.  Which changes the problem I'd say.  Don't have any experience with 2fa, but maybe Matt will notice and have more to suggest.

Good luck...
(2022-05-22, 10:10 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]In post 5 (which was edited), you mention 2fa.  Which changes the problem I'd say.  Don't have any experience with 2fa, but maybe Matt will notice and have more to suggest.

Good luck...

yes,
i've both user and password but when i type the 2fa code i get the lock message. how can i try to ask Matt for his solution?
maybe i will pm him and link this message....
Not sure about that, we'll see how you get on.

The way this thread has gone - makes me think there's something amiss with your 2fa.  My understanding - reading up on the MyBB docs - should've been backup codes to use.

I've seen sql queries and other database operations posted on here which suggest ways to disable 2FA.  Let's see what MyBB support says.
Pages: 1 2 3