MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 500 after upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I ran version 1.8.24 which was ok.
I have uploading (and overwrite) all files from the last zip (1.8.30) 

and now, whatever I try, I get "This page isn't working" HTTP ERROR 500; I get this from the main directory; if I try the_main_dir/index.php or the_main_dir/install/upgrade.php !

if I re-upload the old version (1.8.24); all is working back again.

I haven't deleted previous files; I have simply overwrite with the new files.

Any idea ?
thanks in advance,
Domi.
Which version of PHP are you using ? Have you access to the server logs ?
I'm running PHP vrs 7.3.32, SQLite 3.28.0 and I have no access to the server log.

tks,
Domi.
Can't your hoster give you the logs ? 500 error is a server error and it's impossible to determine the culprit without server log
No, it can't but it's strange that version 1.8.24 works fine even if I re-upload it; there is no log in MyBB like, for example, codeigniter has ?

I have tried to install all (last version of course) on a local pc (using xampp) and then upload the version after changing inc/config and inc/settings according to the worked version and I get the same problem -- could be fine to trace ....

if I remove the 'lock' file in the installed dir, I receive a message that "MyBB is already installed"; it suggest to upgrade and if I hit the "Upgrade to 1.8.30", I get the 500 error msg there too.

Domi.
MyBB is an older codebase and doesn't have a dedicated log like Codeigniter (which is a framework).

Your server should have an error log that will give details of the error. 1.8.30 should work fine on PHP 7.3 so would need to see the error log to know what the issue is.