MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error while installing with SQLite3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I'm getting the following error while installing the last version 1.8.30 with sqlite3  :

[attachment=45178]

although the database is created but with a size of 0 ... :

[attachment=45179]

PS: a previous version 1.8.24 worked fine with the same path.

any idea ?
thanks, 
Domi.
Nobody uses SQLite3 ???
Can you display the owner and permissions of the mybb.db file and of the db/ directory ?
I have the same problem on a new install - is there a howto on installing with sqlite3 ? I created the database (empty). Is one supposed to enter settings into the config files? ...
I mean there is no authentication on the installer ... how would it write on the server.. > newbie here.
sqlite3 doesn't need authentication, it only needs a path to the database (full path is better than relative) and the user executing your webserver (often apache or www-data) needs write/read permissions on the sqlite file.
Also, php must have the sqlite module loaded.
(2022-08-09, 07:38 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]sqlite3 doesn't need authentication, it only needs a path to the database (full path is better than relative) and the user executing your webserver (often apache or www-data) needs write/read permissions on the sqlite file.
Also, php must have the sqlite module loaded.

Hey thank you.
so is that uncommenting in a php config file? to load the sqlite module? sorry for being clueless.
Maybe the path is the issue - I have a home > site.directory > forum > databaseDir > sqlite.db   How would I type that into the database path field? I tried /home/site.org/forum/databaseDir/sqlite.db  but no joy.

The installer check marked everything green in the first screen ...
To activate sqlite module, it depends on your installation and your version of php.
To know the exact location of your .db file, use your server console, cd to the place where it is located (cd ~/forum/databaseDir/), check the file is really there (ls -lha sqlite.db) and its permissions (also permissions of the directory) and type pwd to get the full path.

I don't remember what is on the first screen (and can't install a test forum right now), so I can't tell you if everything is ok or if it's in another screen that you might have an error.
ah - found the error - it was /home/username/site/forum/dbaseDIR/database.db

all working now