MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Conversion running into a snag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello There and Thanks for the help in advance,

I am trying to move from Vbulliten to Phpbb,
and I have done this before successfully, but my old host had recently changed their server software so it no longer accepts 5.4 PHP selected versions.
but now Im running into a snag on another host,who does have the PHP select version.
I have a current mybb 1.8, the Mybb convert php tool from github for the phpbb convert.
and the phpbb 3.1

The steps to convert were fairly funky......
convert Xenforo to > myBB 1 >&> "set permissions" <
> Convert myBB to PhpBB 3.1
> edit myBB converter php page to take out the AIM & YAHOO groups<
so it will convert from the lost tables of myBB ..
after it converts you get to reset permissions from Mybb Administrators and such to match the PhpBB..
converted to the phpbb and just do the cleanup and extensions to add,

GAWD it took me forever to find out how to do it, most of it was from trial and error and finding bits and pieces of information then tying it together to make the conversion.

Everything converted successfully from Xenforo2 into Mybb
but now im at a new host and while trying to convert to the phpbb from the Mybb,
it will go to a 500 internal page,
I asked the host and they said,
Quote:Hi there,

It appears to be stuck in a loop trying to check a folder

lstat("/home/wickedgh/public_html/wicked/install/./../images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images/avatars/gallery/wicked/images", ^C{st_mode=S_IFDIR|0777, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0

and they say they do not know whats causing the error.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated.
Sorry, but we can't provide any help to merge from MyBB to another forum engine: you must ask in the community of your target forum, which probably provide the merge tool.
They couldn't help either,
basically pointed me to this way since it's a Mybb conversion.
(2022-06-04, 02:42 PM)Sumato Wrote: [ -> ]Everything converted successfully from Xenforo2 into Mybb
but now im at a new host and while trying to convert to the phpbb from the Mybb,

This is now a phpbb converter trouble if your MyBB is ok.