MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this possibly a bug? (Promotion System)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the "promotion" system to activate new accounts by requiring at least two posts in a specified forum (the only forum non activated accounts can post in).

However, I've come across what I believe to be is a bug.

There is one user who has two posts in this forum BUT they are in the same discussion/thread and the promotion system is not updating their account. This is the only difference they have from everyone else who has been promoted, as all others have seemed to make a post in two different threads.

I feel like this is a bug as my only requirements are post count greater than or equal to 2 (see attachment)? But maybe I've just done this incorrectly?

Promotion system task is still running successfully for everyone else.
Are they definitely still in the Pending usergroup? It only checks the post count so won't matter what threads they're in.
They were in the pending usergroup yes, I ended up manually updating them so that they could use the forum.

Its weird because it is working fine for literally everyone else lol.

Edit to add:
I also waited for the promotion system to run before manually updating their group. Promotion system ran three times before manual update and in the task log it shows it ran successfully, updating other users but not this particular one.